Interior Designers Association – Kenya is the professional organization of choice for Interior Designers in Kenya who seek to constantly improve in their field. We believe enthusiastically that Interior Design is more than just a profession—it’s a passion.
We are a membership organization providing services and opportunities that empower
great Interior Designers to become leaders in their industry. We are an Association of people who believe that Interior Design, at its best, means crafting spaces that better serve the people who use them.
Our mission statement affirms our belief that professional Interior Design promotes health, safety, and welfare to the general public.
Our role is to celebrate, advocate, and create opportunities for the Interior Designers in Kenya and to connect them with the best opportunities in the industry.
The most highly recognized Professional Association for Interior Designers in Kenya and Africa.
To define EXCELLENCE in the practice of interior design; to improve the VALUE of the Profession; to create a favorable ENVIRONMENT to practice Interior Design; to increase MEMBERSHIP, to provide opportunity to share KNOWLEDGE through community so as to promote interior design as a profession that supports health, safety, and welfare to the general public. (MEVEK)
To promote interior design awareness and advocate for interior design excellence.
- To Define Clear Practice standards and enforce the ethical practice of interior design.
- To promote and enforce Public Safety Initiatives
- To create a knowledge based interior design practice.
- To Foster local and International Collaboration.
- To maintain educational standards in interior design in Kenya.
- To represent the interior design profession in Kenya to whom individuals and the government can refer to for opinion on interior design matters.
- To recognize design excellence and celebrate professional achievement.
The Interior Design Association of Kenya is committed to encouraging and supporting creativity and competence in the field of interior design through facilitating best practice, practical professional support, development opportunities and education.